Monday’s ANTI BULLYING Training Evening was agreed to be very practical and helpful by parents who attended. Check out the following Top Tips.
1. Role play situations at home with your child. In this was you can prepare your child in advance rather than waiting until a situation occurs. Build resilience.
2. Listen to your child (really listen). Instead of questioning by asking why? Look to soften the question and ask how come?
3. Let your child be part of the solution. Get them to come up with possible solutions and guide them through making good decisions.
4. Keep yourself informed. Know your school policies. They are available to you. You can download the school’s anti bullying policy HERE
You can download two leaflets distributed at Monday’s meeting Bullying NPC Handout
5. Remember a child is not a bully but may use bullying behaviour. Important to find the cause. Both the child performing the bullying behaviour and the recipient are hurting.
6. Bullying behaviour is repetitive. The only exception to this is on-line activity. Using an on-line forum once constitutes bullying behaviour.