The primary curriculum is an eight year cycle from Junior Infants to Sixth. It aims to provide a wide learning experience and a rich variety of approaches that cater for the needs of individuals.
The curriculum is presented in the following areas.
- Language: Gaeilge and English
- Social, environmental and scientific education (SESE): history, geography and science
- Arts education: visual arts, music and drama
- Physical education
- Social, personal and health education (SPHE)
- Religious or ethical education is the responsibility of the various school patron bodies.