DROP OFF & COLLECTION
3rd CLASS to 6th
Thursday 20th August
Dear Parents / Guardians,
The BoM and the School Leadership Team have been working extremely hard to ensure a safe return to school for all pupils and staff next Thursday 27th August. We have now finalised our plans for drop-off and collection of the children. Please be aware that these plans are not set in stone and will be under ongoing review.
The most notable changes for this year are:
• each class has been assigned a specific entry and exit gate (See below for details)
• there will be no lining up in the yard at drop off time in the morning as the children will go straight to their classrooms.
The gates will open at 8.50am. Third to sixth class pupils will enter through their specific gates unaccompanied. There will be a member of staff at all entrance points to direct them safely to their classrooms in the morning. In the evening, they will be brought to the same exit gates by the class teacher. Parents are requested not to enter the school grounds at collection time.
Gate 1- Main Gate Trafalgar Road (At Pedestrian Crossing)
· Room 10 – Ms Purcell (4th Class)
· Room 11- Ms Gahan (3rd Class)
· Room 12- Ms Horan (3rd Class)
· Room 19- Ms Curley (4th Class)
Gate 3- Laneway Gate Kimberley Road (Road Behind School)
· Room 14 – Ms Heneghan (4th Class)
· Room 15 – Ms Caffrey (5th Class)
· Room 16 – Ms Hughes (6th Class)
· Room 17- Mr Dodd (5th Class)
· Room 20- Ms Walle (6th Class)
We request you do not to come onto the school grounds or into the school building unless it is has been arranged by prior appointment only.
Working together we hope to be able to progress the reopening in as safe a manner as possible for all. We would ask all parents to familiarise themselves with the above drop-off and collection routines for the safe delivery and collection of pupils from school. Please be patient as we endeavour to embed these necessary precautionary and protective practices at the beginning of the school year.
It is imperative that:
• social distancing is maintained at all times
• parents/guardians do not try to have meetings with members of staff at drop-off and collection times – meetings between parents and teachers can only take place by prior arrangement. For everyones safety, this may be done via phone calls or emails.
• all parents adhere to the drop-off and collection plans as outlined above
St Brigid’s appreciates your support as we try to safely reopen the school building.
Tom Sherlock Máire Costello
Chairperson Board of Management Principal