DROP OFF & COLLECTION
1st & 2nd CLASSES
Thursday 20th August
Dear Parents / Guardians,
The Board of Management and the School Leadership Team have been working extremely hard to ensure a safe return to school for all pupils and staff in a week’s time. We have now finalised our plans for drop-off and collection of the children. Please be aware that these plans are not set in stone and will be under ongoing review.
The most notable changes for this year are:
- that each class will have a specific entry and exit gate (See below for details)
- there will be no lining up in the yard at drop off time in the morning as the children will go straight to their classrooms with the exception of the first two days back – (See below)
Drop off and Collection
Gates will open at 8.50 am and classes will start at 9.00 am
To facilitate physical distancing, each class will have a specific entry and exit point. See below for details.
Gate 2 – Wooden Gates on Trafalgar Road (Beside Mooney’s / Fat Fox)
- Room 1 – Ms Teehan (Senior Infants)
- Room 2 – Ms Carwood (Junior Infants)
- Room 3 – Ms McGuirk (Junior Infants)
- Room 4 – Ms Coffey (Junior Infants)
- Room 5 – Ms Mangan (1st Class)
- Room 6 – Ms Corcoran (1st Class)
- Room 7 – Ms Smith (Senior Infants)
- Room 8 – Ms O’Donnell (2nd Class)
- Room 9 – Substitute teacher for Ms. Cuffe (2nd Class)
Drop Off – 8.50am
For the first two days back only, parents will be permitted to bring their children into the school yard, where they will be met by their class teachers who will bring them to their classrooms.
From Monday 31st August, the children should be dropped off at the gate where there will be members of staff waiting to greet them and direct them safely to their classrooms.
Collection – 2.40pm
The children can be collected from the school yard at designated points. The class teacher will bring their classes to the designated collection points. In the interest of social distancing, we would ask that the parents do not encroach beyond the boundary of the basketball court.
Working together we hope to be able to progress the reopening in as safe a manner as possible for all. We would ask all parents to familiarise themselves with the above drop-off and collection routines for the safe delivery and collection of pupils from school. Please be patient as we endeavour to embed these necessary precautionary and protective practices at the beginning of the school year.
It is imperative that
- adults adhere to the 2m social distancing recommended by NPHET
- parents do not try to have meetings with members of staff in the playground at drop-off and collection times – meetings between parents and teachers can only take place by prior arrangement. For everyones safety, this may be done via phone calls or emails
- all parents adhere to the drop-off and collection plans as outlined above
St Brigid’s appreciates your support as we try to safely reopen the school building.
Tom Sherlock Máire Costello
Chairperson Board of Management Principal