The four strands of the curriculum are
energy and forces,
and environmental awareness.
The strands in the history curriculum are:
- Local Studies
- Early people and ancient societies
- Life, society, work and culture in the past
- Politics, conflict and society
- Eras of change and conflict
- Continuity and change over time
The three strands of the curriculum
are human environments,
and environmental awareness and care.
Many thanks to Ms. Ahern who organises HISTORY WALKS for classes 2nd-6th during the month of June. Knowing the history of the place where they live gives students ‘a sense of place’. Greystones is rich in local history. Students learned a great deal about the history of Greystones on these walks. You can read more about the history of Greystones on our history blog HERE