UPDATED Children find competitions motivating. Important that the children enjoy participating. It is not the winning it is the taking part! Children enjoy the thought that their work will be seen by a ‘real audience’. 1.With a closing date of 19th April 2020 why not try this art competition Greystones Guide ‘A Splash of Colour’ Art Competition?
2.Or THIS writing competition run by RTE Junior with a closing date of 13th April.
3. O’Brien’s Press ‘Design a Book Cover Competition’ are HERE Entries to be in by 1st May.
4. The Museum of Childhood Ireland Project (on their Facebook page) have set up a monthly writing/poetry/art/other (children’s choice) project. When this is all over, children/students will be invited to curate an exhibition based on the work sent in. Family is the theme for the month of March. Include your name, age, country of residence. These will be kept private, apart from your first name and the country you are from. Send to:firstname.lastname@example.org They can’t wait to hear from you!
5. Click on THIS link to see a range of competitions based on the Book of Kells: art and creative writing. With a closing date of 30th October 2020, you have plenty of time to enter this one.
6. This looks like fun from Nounstories.com Can you write a 300 word story with the three nouns that they give you? Click on the link to see this month’s challenge.
7. NEW: Hub13 along with Newtown 2050 and Tidy Towns are organizing three competitions as follows (a) Painting and sculpture competition for 7-11 years
(b) Poetry competition: a free-form rap for 12-16 years. Format is by email in PDF text format only.
(c) Film competition 11-18 years. Video. 3-mins max. Format: smart phone only. Details HERE on Greystones Guide. Closing date: 11th May 2020.
8. NEW: Easter Egg History Competition. History’s produced some very bad eggs. Can you produce a good one?! Use boiled eggs to depict a famous character or event from history. Open to all primary school & junior cycle secondary students in Greystones, Kilcoole & Newtown.
Send a photo of your entry with a brief explanation of your work, along with your name, age and name of school to: email@example.com by Friday April 10th. Again details on Greystones Guide
9.NEW Trocáire’s Design A Game competition for Senior Primary Classes. Click on the link for details. Click HERE for the entry form. Closing date extended to 6th November 2020 on account of school closures.